Samstag, 10. November 2018

The year in reverse, vol. I: Batsford Arboretum



Because I have been so bad at keeping track through the year, I am planning to upload a series of posts going back to Spring 2018. I can't really believe how fast this year has been running away from me and in the meantime the pile of pictures got bigger and bigger. The weird thing was that I didn't visit many new places this year and it felt a bit pointless to post pictures of my re-visits that look so similar to pictures in previous posts. But of course, there were a few highlights (more to come).

Now that the days are getting darker and darker its hard not to resent spending the working week indoors and I have tried to get outside as much as possible, especially on Saturdays, to make the most of the light. I will also take a few days off next week and go to the seaside again - I think I have done this for the last 4 years now and it has become a tradition. Last year I went to Rye, this time I am not venturing quite so far (again, more to come).

Today a friend and I visited Batsford Arboretum in Moreton-in-Marsh. The day started out with a blue sky. Some people might think of November as predominantly GREY but my November colours are the almost turquoisy blue of a cold morning and the bright yellow of the last leaves clinging to the trees against it. I was fortunate enough to find these colours today; however, at midday we were surprised by a proper autumn deluge and had to find shelter to avoid getting totally soaked. But soon after the sun broke through the clouds and sparkled on the bamboo leaves and Japanese maples.

Much love,
Qaroline












Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen